Robert is an award winning artist and has been expertly using exciting mixed media techniques over several years to win awards with his contemporary and expressive style of art.
In this online workshop you will follow Roberts' expert guidance to create a fabulous painting with dazzling yellow, deep shadowy greens and brilliant blue skies - a stunning combination and a real impact painting in creation!
With regular step by step demonstrations from Robert showing you how to use exciting layering techniques with watercolour, gouache and soft pastel in the same painting building depth with clean colour mixing and textures.
You will be amazed how quickly your painting will come together as you follow all the stages step by step using lots of contemporary painting techniques in combination.
Suitable for artists with some previous painting experience who are looking for a looser more expressive painting style and want to learn lots of contemporary painting techniques to help them really advance as artists.
What you need:
- Gouache or watercolour Tube paints in the following colours highly recommended or bring your own favourite colours if you don't want to buy all of these but these are Roberts palette colours and he will be using them: Magenta, Winsor Violet, Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Orange, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Raw Sienna, Cadmium Yellow Deep, Qiunacridone Gold, Lemon Yellow, Viridia, Cerulean Blue, Cobalt Blue, Winsor Blue, Prussian Blue, Ultramarine, Indigo, Yellow Ochre, Winsor Green.
- Permanent White Gouache. Essential!
- Large drawing board and easel (your own choice)
- Soft and hard pastels (of your choice) different colours,
- A variety of different watercolour brushes.
- Essential: large brushes such as sizes 24, 30 round and 1 and 2 inch 'flats', Swordliner (large) and above in size Large Chinese soft hair brushes if you have them are highly recommended to bring also.
- Your own favourite brushes too but the large brushes are essential!!
- An old hog brush or tooth brush for textured paint effects,
- Water Spray atomiser,
- Old jam jars (for clean water mixing),
- White old ceramic plates on which to mix your paints or equivalent - several of them please Kitchen roll,
- Masking tape,
- Bulldog clips,
- Watercolour 100% cotton rag 300gsm (140lb) 'not' surface highly recommended.
- Graphite stick - 4B,
- An eraser
- Pastel fixative (essential),
- Soft and hard pastels to include darks but not blacks - highly recommended Unison Colour 'Midnight Set', Unison Colour pastels and Rembrandt harder pastels
Due to the implications of Covid-19 this workshop will be staged online. Participants will receive clear information on how to access this workshop in advance.