If you’ve been to ArtWaves before then you know we finish around 5pm. This time we’re trying something a little different and have partnered with galleries and studios across Bridlington to expand the festival into the evening of the Saturday.
We are offering the opportunity to explore the local art galleries and artist studios all of whom are keeping their doors open well into the evening and showcasing their offerings for residents and visitors alike.
To make things even easier we are introducing a bus service to take you from one stop to the next and what’s even better, this is free. A timetable of departures and returns can be found below.
The galleries and studios taking part in the tour are listed below:
- Bridlington Contemporary
A Contemporary Art Gallery and Studio in the burgeoning cultural quarter of Bridlington. Run by a team of volunteers passionate about bringing contemporary art to Bridlington Yorkshire.
- Gallery 49
Gallery Forty-Nine is a contemporary art gallery occupying two floors of a Georgian listed building in the Old Town area of Bridlington, East Yorkshire.
- Mark and Sue Lozynskyj Home Studio
Mark and Sue welcome you to their rambling house and garden. There are a few steps to access the exhibition mainly on ground level. Mark says: 'I am interested in painting with strong vibrant colours, often using abstracted forms from landscape or still life. Drawing is especially important to me, I like the spontaneity.’ Sue works mostly in 3d using mainly ceramics and is particularly interested in poetry and this informs her artwork.
An example of Mark and Sue's work is pictured on the event detail.
- M'lk Wood
A Creative Studio Gallery based in Bridlington, East Yorkshire.
- Leon Leigh Studio - Artist and Sculptor
Contemporary Art in Metal.
- The Alex May Gallery
The studio/workshop for Carlo Verda’s jewellery design & sculpture and Joy Johnson’s fine art work. Joy’s paintings and collages are inspired by music and the local environment. The gallery has been, for several years a centre for encouraging and developing emerging artists who needed an outlet in the East Riding. As well as our own work we give art students the opportunity to show their work in a gallery setting.
- The Rosemary Abrahams Studio Gallery
The gallery is situated near to Bridlington Sea Front and about a 10 minute walk from Bridlington Spa. The gallery is my home and working studio, which welcomes visitors throughout the year by appointment. Paintings are displayed throughout the house and in my studio. There is disabled access and facilities to the ground floor. Visitors are welcomed with coffee/tea and cakes whilst they wonder around the gallery and garden.
- The Old Town Gallery and Information Point
A social enterprise gallery of 20 full time permanent artists and craftspeople plus one visiting artist which changes on the first day of every month. The gallery has a superb collection of high-quality eclectic works from watercolours, to acrylics, oils, pastels and photography to wire sculpture, crochet work, jewellery, woodwork and crafts to embroidery and needleworks. Free refreshments are available for all ArtWaves visitors.
- Bridlington Spa 5.03pm
- The Rosemary Abrahams Studio Gallery 5.07pm
- Leon Leigh Studio 5.09pm
- Bridlington Contemporary Gallery 5.15pm
- Mark and Sue Lozynskyj Home Studio 5.22pm
- Bridlington Old Town (Gallery 49 / M'lk Wood / The AlexMay Gallery / The Old Town Gallery and Information Point) 6.00pm
- Bridlington Spa 6.03pm
- The Rosemary Abrahams Studio Gallery 6.07pm
- Leon Leigh Studio 6.09pm
- Bridlington Contemporary Gallery 6.15pm
- Mark and Sue Lozynskyj Home Studio 6.22pm
- Bridlington Old Town (Gallery 49 / M'lk Wood / The Alex MayGallery / The Old Town Gallery and Information Point) 7.00pm
- Bridlington Spa 7.03pm
- The Rosemary Abrahams Studio Gallery 7.07pm
- Leon Leigh Studio 7.09pm
- Bridlington Contemporary Gallery 7.15pm
- Mark and Sue Lozynskyj Home Studio 7.22pm
- Bridlington Old Town (Gallery 49 / M'lk Wood / The Alex MayGallery / The Old Town Gallery and Information Point)
- Bridlington Old Town 5.37pm
- Mark and Sue Lozynskyj Home Studio 5.43pm
- Bridlington Contemporary Gallery 5.45pm
- Leon Leigh Studio 5.49pm
- The Rosemary Abrahams Studio Gallery 5.52pm
- Bridlington Spa 6.30pm
- Bridlington Old Town 6.37pm
- Mark and Sue Lozynskyj Home Studio 6.43pm
- Bridlington Contemporary Gallery 6.45pm
- Leon Leigh Studio 6.49pm
- The Rosemary Abrahams Studio Gallery 6.52pm
- Bridlington Spa 7.30pm
- Bridlington Old Town 7.37pm
- Mark and Sue Lozynskyj Home Studio 7.43pm
- Bridlington Contemporary Gallery 7.45pm
- Leon Leigh Studio 7.49pm
- The Rosemary Abrahams Studio Gallery 7.52pm
- Bridlington Spa 8.00pm
- Bridlington Old Town 8.07pm
- Mark and Sue Lozynskyj Home Studio 8.13pm
- Bridlington Contemporary Gallery 8.15pm
- Leon Leigh Studio 8.19pm
- The Rosemary Abrahams Studio Gallery 8.22pm
- Bridlington Spa